Latent Print Examiner
PAE is currently seeking a Latent Print Examiner based in Fort Gillem, GA
May be required to travel OCONUS (as needed)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Process IED evidence to develop latent prints using standard laboratory procedures. Processing methods include, but are not limited to, cyanoacrylate fuming, fluorescent dye stains, powders in suspension, ninhydrin and indanedione.
• Mix chemicals as required and control test them according to laboratory policy.
• Identify, label, and photograph latent prints on evidence.
• Photograph each latent print using proper photographic equipment and techniques.
• Analyze latent prints in Adobe Photoshop to determine suitability and submit to the Defense Forensic Biometric Agency (DFBA). This determination shall be in accordance with laboratory policy.
• Compare latent prints to known prints and make conclusions.
• Document all examination results/findings in the Weapons Technical Intelligence Exploitation Analysis Tool (WEAT) database.
• Annotate the case file documentation, detailing the processing techniques and the examination results.
• Perform administrative and technical reviews of reports for fellow examiners.
• Ensure proper chain of custody is maintained at all times.
• Maintain a clean laboratory and personal workspace environment, in accordance with laboratory procedures.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree coupled with 2-4 years experience in the processing, recovery, visualizing/recording, and analyzing latent prints in a forensics laboratory; OR an Associate’s degree coupled with 5-7 years related experience; OR a High School diploma coupled with 8-10 years related experience.
• Professional certification by the International Association of Identification (IAI) is highly desired.
• Proficiency utilizing AFIS, ABIS, and/or other National databases.
• Must be able to successfully pass all medical requirements for deployment.
• Must be able to successfully pass a skills assessment.
• Able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.