Title: Forensic Science Specialist
Description: The incumbent performs technical work of average to advanced difficulty in criminal identification matters; photography, processing for latent fingerprints, collection and preservation of evidence. Duties are accomplished with a degree of independence and at a level of responsibility where the member must exercise good judgment and individual initiative in the performance of assigned duties. A variety of clerical and equipment maintenance tasks are performed in connection with the position.
Shift work is required and subject to call-out 24 hours a day.
* Graduation from an accredited college or university with an Associate’s Degree in Forensic Science, a Forensic Science Field or closely related field OR Certificate in Forensic Science Field AND
* One (1) year related experience
* Knowledge of photography, fingerprint development, evidence handling, and report writing preferred
* Successfully complete the forensics written examination
* Must possess a valid Florida driver’s license
Applicants must be tobacco/nicotine free for six months prior to submitting application and during length of employment.
The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office strives to provide our employees with the best benefits possible. Some of the benefits are Annual Leave (120 hours), Health Insurance, Wellness Incentives, and Education Assistance Program.
The Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office is an EEO/ADA employer and is committed to being a drug free workplace.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, VISIT OUR WEBSITE: www.pcsoweb.com/careers
Any questions can be directed to Human Resources at 727-582-6208
Closing Date for position: 05/31/2023
Location of Position:, Florida
Additional Information: PDF Description of Opportunity