Professor of Practice, Forensic Science Institute
The Forensic and National Security Sciences Institute (FNSSI) in the College of Arts and Sciences at Syracuse University seeks an experienced, enthusiastic individual to fill a full-time non-tenure-track teaching faculty position in forensic science. The position is vital to maintaining high quality instruction in the Institute’s comprehensive degree programs. Curricula include undergraduate BS, BA, and minor degree programs and MS degree programs in Forensic Science, Biomedical Forensic Sciences, and Medicolegal Death Investigation, as well as certificates of advanced studies in both Medicolegal Death Investigation and Firearm and Toolmark Examination. This faculty position will focus on teaching existing courses and student advising. The opportunity to develop new courses will depend on program needs and the successful candidate’s scientific/professional background. This position reports directly to the FNSSI Director.
• An advanced degree (M.S. or Ph.D.) in science, preferably related to the forensic sciences;
• Aptitude in biochemistry and genetics is desirable;
• Demonstrated effectiveness in advanced science teaching, preferably related to the forensic sciences;
• Superior interpersonal, verbal communication, and organizational skills;
• Ability to engage students in the classroom;
• Experience working in a multicultural setting and with the educational advancement of students from underrepresented groups is desirable;
• Teach 3 courses each semester at the undergraduate and graduate levels, including advanced forensics, quality assurance and ethics, and forensic biochemical analysis and/or toxicology;
• Direct undergraduate capstone projects;
• Work with FNSSI leadership and staff to facilitate course scheduling and optimization;
• Advise students on curriculum requirements, course registration, and career placement;
• Maintain positive public relations and promote awareness of the program;
• Perform other duties not outlined above that will be necessary for the success of the FNSSI Program;
For full consideration, candidates must complete an online application, including a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and pedagogic statement, and arrange for three letters of reference to be submitted that can attest to the applicant’s qualifications. To apply, go to http://www.sujobopps.com/postings/77470. Review of applications will start on 5/23/2019. Please direct questions to James Hewett (email@example.com).
Syracuse University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to equality of opportunity and a diverse work force. Women, military veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of other traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/ncm6vz8p2ddyz56n
© Southern Association of Forensic Scientists