December 7-11, 2020
Introductory Bloodstain Pattern Analysis Workshop
This is an introductory level bloodstain pattern analysis workshop.
1) Teach the investigator how to identify bloodstain pattern evidence at the crime scene.
2) Teach the investigator how to properly document bloodstain pattern evidence.
3) Teach the investigator how to properly preserve the bloodstain pattern evidence.
4) Teach the investigator how to reconstruct bloodstain patterns at the crime scene.
5)Provide the foundation for teaching the investigator how to interpret bloodstain pattern evidence.
6) Teach the investigator the safety and health issues associated with bloodstain pattern evidence.
1) To be able to recognize bloodstain pattern evidence at the crimescene.
2) To be able to properly document and preserve the bloodstain pattern evidence.
3) To be able to properly use bloodstain pattern terminology.
4) To be able to identify simple bloodstain pattern types.
5) To obtain basic bloodstain pattern analysis knowledge that will be the foundation for additional training culminating in being able to evaluate and interpret bloodstain pattern evidence and render an opinion concerning that interpretation.
The objectives and goals will be achieved through lecture, discussion, practical experiments with blood, and case studies.
Miami-Dade Public Safety Training Institute
9601 NW 58th St.
Doral, FL 33178
Instructor: Toby L. Wolson, M.S., F-ABC
Noslow Forensic Consultation, LLC
© Southern Association of Forensic Scientists