Title: Fire & Arson Investigator
Description: Speckin Forensics is looking for contractual Fire & Arson Investigators in the following areas:
Florida:(Miami-Dade, Broward, Palm Beach), (Tampa, St. Petersburg), Orlando, Tallahassee, Jacksonville, Ft. Myers
Georgia: Columbus, Macon
Tennessee: Nashville. Chattanooga, Memphis
North Carolina: Charlotte, Asheville,
Indiana: Fort Wayne, Indianapolis
South Carolina: Columbia, Myrtle Beach
Minneapolis and Virginia
You will be responsible for determining the cause and origin of fires and explosions at investigation sites. Our Fire Investigators provide and convey their findings and conclusions in a clear and concise report, including evidence for testimony in court and depositions.
Further analyses of water related claims and damage will be called upon.
The scope of work at Speckin Forensics is providing a leading insurance company with precise and accurate scene investigations and supportive documentation. The ideal candidate has a flexible schedule with the ability to travel within a reasonable geographic area. Based on the type of and frequency of the work requested, those that are retired or nearing retirement are encouraged to consider this opportunity. Speckin Forensics has an excellent team of supportive assistance to assist in accomplishing the work requested or Fire Investigators.
Preference is given to Certified Fire & Explosion Investigator (CFEI) through NAFI or a Certified Fire Investigator (CFI) through the IAAI. Previous experience with Expert testimony is preferred as well.
Related Experience: Fire Investigator, Arson Investigator, Firefighter, Fire Inspector.
• Frequently required to stand on one’s feet for prolonged periods of time.
• Frequently required to lift and/or move objects weighing 50-100 lbs.
• Frequently required to climb onto first and second-story roofs, ascend/descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, etc.
• Frequently required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
• Frequently required to reach with hands and arms.
• Frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
• Frequently required to drive a vehicle for extended periods of time.
Preferred License/Certification: Certified Fire & Explosion Investigator or Certified Fire Investigator
Please respond via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line put “FIRE INVESTIGATOR”
Closing Date for position: 12/30/2022
Location of Position:, Southeast U.S
Additional Information: PDF Description of Opportunity