Chemistry Laboratory Technician
PAE is currently seeking a Forensic Chemistry Technician based in Fort Gillem, GA
May be required to travel OCONUS (as needed)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Utilize the following instrumentation:
o Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (GC/MS)
o Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) Spectroscopy
o Liquid Chromatography/ Mass Spectrometry / Mass Spectrometry (LC/MS/MS)
o X-Ray Fluorescence (XRF)
o X-Ray Diffraction (XRD)
o Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM)
o Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry (ICPMS)
o Polarized Light Microscope (PLM)
o Ion Chromatography (IC)
• Support forensic examiners with routine instrument maintenance, quality assurance and quality controls.
• Perform performance checks of reagents and instrumentation to be used in forensic casework
• Prepare chemical reagents and solutions.
• Support and participate in validations.
• Maintain laboratory records.
• Inventorying, ordering and shipping supplies
• Ensure a proper chain of custody for all evidence is maintained.
• Maintain a clean laboratory and personal workspace environment, in accordance with local laboratory procedures.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree coupled with 2+ years’ experience working in a chemistry laboratory
• Proficiency working with chemistry analytical methodologies Gas Chromatography (GC) and/or Fourier Transform Infrared (FTIR) Spectroscopy at a minimum.
• Must be able to successfully pass all medical requirements for deployment.
• Must be able to successfully pass a competency test.
• Able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.